• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can i know the Temperature of the Cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally prefer motherboard monitor 5 for my temps. It's so easy, even I can use it! ermm, bad AOL joke :rolleyes:

i tried both of them the speed fan 4.7 and the motherboard monitor 5 but i cant see my cpu temperatue in both, iam not using any fan except the power supply and the cpu's fan ,Is this the reason that icant see the temperature?

Aem said:
i tried both of them the speed fan 4.7 and the motherboard monitor 5 but i cant see my cpu temperatue in both, iam not using any fan except the power supply and the cpu's fan ,Is this the reason that icant see the temperature?

Well with MBM5, you need to set up the fan and CPU temperature sensors manually. You select them from a drop down list.

I assume that Speed Fan is the same way.

MBM is pretty simple, you just go into "Sensor 1"s setup page, and select a sensor probe from the drop down list. Usually it will be the first or second one on the list.

The fans should be set up properly by default.

sounds like he may not even have temp or rpm sensors... isnt that a possibility? err p4's have ihs though huh? but maybe hes got a fan without an rpm sensor?

It's possible.

I didn't know Fujitsu made any PCB's of any sorts, and I didn't know Siemens made anything except DRAM and phones.

*shrug*

I.M.O.G. said:
sounds like he may not even have temp or rpm sensors... isnt that a possibility? err p4's have ihs though huh? but maybe hes got a fan without an rpm sensor?

All an IHS is is the Heat Spreader on top of the core. The temperature sensor is inside the CPU.

If you are worrying about it overheating, don't. If it starts to, it slows itself down, in a process called Thermal Throttling.

It isn't a bad machine, but from looking at it's datasheets, it looks like it can't be overclocked, and you probably cannot change the fan speed manually. If you want to, though, you can take the hard approach, splice the power cable on the fan, and hook it up to a rheostat. If none of MBM5's sensors work, it probably does not have external temperature sensing equipment...

Back