• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slot intake fan???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

I'm looking for something like the usual ebay exhaust slot
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2079188706
Only instead of sucking air OUT of the case, I want it to suck air IN to the case. I want to put it right under my video card, to get a nice stream of cold air blowing straight onto the GPU. Even though there is already a HSF there, this seems like it might help a bit. Does anybody know of a device such as this? Or a regular exhaust version that might be made to work backwards?

First off you may be able to take it apart and put in a new fan and reverse the fan, but they are a piece of junk, if you go to the problem products on overclockers.com they say as much and I have personal experience. The quickest and best solution is to mount an 80mm fan on the side of your case to blow right on it. Depending on how many PCI slots you have used you could take a 40 or 60 mm fan, locate it right behind the video card and bolt it to 2 unused pci slots with a small PVC pipe to direct the air. Just an idea.

You may be able to take the power lead for the fan and simply reverse the power and ground wires? Not the most efficient solution but perhaps the quickest.

David

Back