• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aiurb 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Long stort short, I read up on a thread concerning a AthlonXP 3000+ CPU along with a snapshot of the CPU it self. The lady who says she works in a plant in Malaysia said she noticed the new stepping on the CPUs while packing them into the boxes.

Somebody replied to the thread asking if the AIURB models would make it to lower T-bred B steppings and she replied yes. So if this holds true, it looks like we may see some very good overclocking T-bred B CPUs.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/lindgren/AIURB.jpg

OC-Master

Last edited:
DId she say anything about a release date for that 3000+?? Well, I dont think it really matters since i dont have 400 dollars.

Damn OCmaster that chick is hot

inspectorhammer said:
DId she say anything about a release date for that 3000+?? Well, I dont think it really matters since i dont have 400 dollars.

Damn OCmaster that chick is hot

Yes, end of January.

OC-Master

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Man OC-Master you must have some real inside sources you always get info first...

Hey, read your news group bro. There is soo much leaked information and good news and stuff on there (wink wink) that I couldnt go a day without browsing.

I recommend Agent, that software is killer for browsing the news groups. Remember, everyone has different news group threads. It all depends on your ISP and which ones they allow.

Now, about that web space. I tried the forum is down.com but no one replied to my email.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:

Hey, read your news group bro. There is soo much leaked information and good news and stuff on there (wink wink) that I couldnt go a day without browsing.

I recommend Agent, that software is killer for browsing the news groups. Remember, everyone has different news group threads. It all depends on your ISP and which ones they allow.

Now, about that web space. I tried the forum is down.com but no one replied to my email.

OC-Master
Someone who works in Malaysia is merely part of the assembly function and as such would not really have a proper indication of when the product is going to be available to the masses. What they do know is when the chips are shipped and to which distribution warehouse - beyond that not much else. I know one or two people that work for both the Intel and AMD plants in Penang, Malaysia and I will double check. Plus where did the picture come from - this woman? - in which case I would be dubious as they have strict policies on camera use in their factories.

OC Detective said:

Someone who works in Malaysia is merely part of the assembly function and as such would not really have a proper indication of when the product is going to be available to the masses. What they do know is when the chips are shipped and to which distribution warehouse - beyond that not much else. I know one or two people that work for both the Intel and AMD plants in Penang, Malaysia and I will double check. Plus where did the picture come from - this woman? - in which case I would be dubious as they have strict policies on camera use in their factories.

Hehe,

you cannot stop the i-zone wireless pocket camera. Those things can snap shots of anything anywhere ;)

You know what, Im kinda thinking what you are how these CPUs may not ever see the massives. This is a Engineering sample (has big E on the CPU) which I'm guessing means Engineering.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:

Hehe,

you cannot stop the i-zone wireless pocket camera. Those things can snap shots of anything anywhere ;)

You know what, Im kinda thinking what you are how these CPUs may not ever see the massives. This is a Engineering sample (has big E on the CPU) which I'm guessing means Engineering.

OC-Master
But why would a person that works for AMD risk being fired just to take a picture of a chip - especially as she is only a packer!! BTW these packers earn the equivalent of US$200 a month - think she could afford one of those cameras....?
Think about it - it sounds like someone is playing games - oh and the number 3 on the first line of that chip looks photo-shopped!

The other puzzling thing is how would a packer know that a certain stepping was going to hit slower speed Tbreds (unless she had already seen them and knew precisely what a stepping was).

I imagine bartons will be going up to 3000+ speeds soon. If not in limited edition sales, atleast as a paper release... Still I agree with OC Detective that a packaging woman should not have a special wireless camera, or intrest to leak info. I wonder what kind of fines a worker at the plant would have to pay for getting caught of leaking info?

oh man..thats one pretty chip. ill prolly wait till the lower tbred b's come out though...maybe after i get a new sound card, ill go and get an 1800 tbred..who knows though

the two things that are mainly questioned about this picture, the fact that it is a 3000+ and the one new letter in the stepping, look out of place in the picture. the 3 is up too high and the "R" is too close to the "b". i am not saying that anyone from this forum edited the pic, but i have no doubt in MY mind that it is a fake.

Back