• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a temp unit...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garwain

I've got a temporary unit running,but I only have it until tomorrow night, so I'm having it blast its way through Genome WU's to make any loss when I return the machine to its' owner minimal. I tried stealthing it, but that's a no-go. Unfortionatly, the owner wants their computer to autoconnect when IE or Outlook express open up, but they don't want the computer dialing out at any old time.

Oh well, you win some, you loose some. I now have the machine churning out the WUs to "burn in" the fresh install of WinME until tomorrow night. Lets see what it can do in 24 hours...

that's the reason I put "burn in" in quotes... since it's not truely a burn in, but hey, it's an excuse to have the machine running FAH for a couple wus...

garwain said:
that's the reason I put "burn in" in quotes... since it's not truely a burn in, but hey, it's an excuse to have the machine running FAH for a couple wus...

Ah, that makes more sense :D

How 'bout burn up ME, of all the OSes I've used, I like ME the least.

My Mom's rig has it, and as soon as possible, I'll update to 98SE. Yes update!

steve

update to 98, bah. I'll go on about 98 later, after I get done spitting at it. Anyways, I like that idea bout burning in Me. Good idear, I'll have to remember that when I start getting computers to work on. :)
Doc

I hate ME with a passion as well, but hey, it's my clients machine, not mine, so I don't have the option of scrapping the OS and installing 98., unless I can convince them that there are virtually no noticable changes that they'll ever see.

The good news is the machine stayed up over night, and sent in 3 GAH WUs. Should get a few more in today before I have to remove FAH and return the machine.

Back