• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn in test????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TyRex

which would be a better burn in program....toast or prime 95??? And where can you download prime 95? i cant find it anywhere...

Toast high priority is alot more intensive than Prime95 since it takes up everything and everything is meant to run at a low priority so it makes your computer run rather slow. Prime95 shows errors.

You can find them at Google by just typing in the name.

I always just start prime, then loop Sandra burn in software, then loop 3dmark. If it'll run 24hrs through all of that without crashing or overheating (MB monitor and Shutdown Now are a must), I call it stable. One thing I did notice. I have ran those three overnight and only hit 43C. But yet a serial generator for...well that's not important...got my temps up to 45C. I don't know what computations were going on in the background, but it would make great burnin software/stability tester. It has a benchmark option as a matter of fact.

I always found with my PC's that Toast ran my cpu temp 2-3 degrees hotter than Prime95. Toast shows no errors though. But for me, as long as my computer doesnt crash and I can play any game, I don't care if I get an error or two in the 15th hour of running Prime95.

wow.......toast is awesome.....I have never seen my new pally creap over 36 degrees. Now its consistently at 37 and even hits 38 for a few seconds off and on.....I am impressed......i've also got seti going too.....

UPDATE: I'm now running at 2.05 vcore(PSU is starting to give way)....with prime95, seti, and Unreal Tournament i'm seeing temps at 39C.......with prime95, seti, and toast running i'm seeing 43C.......

I don't think 2.05 is too high of a vcore with temps that low....what do you guys think????

Last edited:
Back