• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Mod...what do you think of my temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

Today, I just did a modification to my cooling system, the four case fans. They are 80mm High Speed Sunons. Anyways, the noise of these fans is loud, and I decided that I wanted to be able to control them for on/off positions if the ambient allows.

So, I put switches on the case and wired to that I could externally turn the fans on and off. Anyways, when I was done with the wiring and everything (I did a butt {sp?} splice, in case you were wondering) I ran my computer. Then, when she was all booted up I turned off the four case fans. To get accurate full load temps, I started Folding for about 30minutes to get accurate temps on full load. My temps were as follows:

Ambient: around 23C
System: 35C
CPU: 45C

I was just curious as to what you think about these temps. The CPU isn't too dangerous, I don't think. Anything below 50C I guess is fine, don't you agree?

What do you think about the system temp? Any suggestions and comments are wanted on my temps and the setup. What do you think?

Oh, in case you were wondering, with the fans on my temps would _roughly_ be (full load, Folding):

System: 27~28C
CPU: 38~39C

So?

-Garfield

The temps look fine.

If you are concerned, just turn on a couple of fans while gaming, but leave them off for casual use.

Nice mod though, I've been contemplating doing the same thing for a while now.

Garfield said:
Hey, thanks a lot! :) What would you think is the max system temp before I should worry?
My Abit ST6 system temp reached as high as 45c over the summer but still remained 100% stable. Mobos can take a lot of heat :)

SpyderMatrix said:
my idle is 30C is that bad and also im using Vcool to get those idle temps so am i ok

you are using a program to make your processor cooler?

if so, then all that does it force idle strings to the processor, thus slowing it down.

Back