• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low 3D mark, main problem video?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wibarm

i just upgraded from an athlon 650 last week and after running some benchmarks on my new system(should appear in my sig...) i noticed my marks lower than other similarly speced systems.

I assume that my old geforce 3 is the bottle neck at the moment, but i just wanted some input on whether that's an accurate assumption or there soemthing else and sticks out like a sore thumb that i'm missing. I'm getting 3d marks from 6900 to 7300 playing around with different overclock settings.

Thanks!

do you have the latest 4 in 1 drivers and latest drivers for you vid and sound? the last time i updated the vid driver i got a 1000 mark increase! good l;uck and hope that helps. otherwise i'd say that yeah it's thi vid card.

A GF3 may be old, but with that big of a cpu upgrade, it sould make a very noticeable difference in your 3DMark score. Like Kaltag said, make sure you have the latest drivers installed, nothings running in the background, and no AA is being used when running the test. I think a few members here have gotten thier GF3 to over 10k in 3DMark, so do some more tweaking.:cool:

i tried ot reply before but doesn't look like it posted lets try again...

yes there was a huge increase form the 650, i was getting 3 digits 3d mark scores with it most the time. I had seen poeple with similar specs to my rig getting 12k or so but they did have a geforce 4 ti4200, soi figured vid card making the difference, but i will check my 4 in 1 drivers, sound, nic driver, my nvidia driver were new as of last week, i'll check that too though hehe... thanks for you input!

Back