Thread: Who's with me?

Who's with me?

The LPIC LPI Level One Who is with me? Looking for study buddies. I have linux knowledge, but not enough to pass this exam without a little studying. Thought it will be fun if we could get a little group of us together.

It's a good way to learn a little about linux, even if you don't want the certification. But for those who do, it is well worth it. (I know posting a link to another one of my threads is lame, but in this instance I think it is justified) Linux is big business these days.

Who’s with me? - 2 exams, no rocket science. But a little challenging.

what are you studying? books books!

Hmm.. I dont know if I will take those exams, or if I know enough to be useful. But that's defintely something I would want to aim towards in the future, so basically, yeah I would be interested in something like that.

I don't know if my last post got deleted or if it failed to post, but here are 2 books available.

The LPI in a Nutshell and LPIC LPI bible. I have the LPI in a nutshell book, but I am going to pick up the LPIC bible this weekend.

We can form a little on-line study facility once we get going. Maybe I can host a little LPI forum on my DSL line....then again, maybe not.

If you can't host a forum, I probably can. I already have one forum going, with php and mysql. Can't be too hard to just add another one.

I'll also look into those books.

There are other books by examcram etc. But these two seem to be the best ones.

I just got The LPI in a Nutshell from amazon. I'll probably start studing over christmas vacation. Did you get the LPIC Bible book, kevmarks? If so, does it have anything not covered in The LPI in a Nutshell?

Whenever you start the online study group, count me in

The nutshell book is good but it is a little short, and thus hard to understand in places. The LPIC tens to elaborate a little more, with some nice examples etc.