• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone get visioneer to work with lexmark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surlyjoe

I am trying to get a visioneer 5800 usb to work with ANY lexmark paralell printer. I have tried 2 different machines (AMD/via and Intel/sis) and 2 different printers (z11,z32), but they just wont get along. does anyone know the trick? TIA!! surly..

Have you checked Visioneer's website? Maybe you need to load some drivers for it? I know that even today, not all parallel equipment will work with every parallel to usb adapters. They may have a compatability list on thier website.

well, theres little in the way of support, a couple of toll numbers an an outomated FAQ setup, but no e-mail or toll free numbers, Tismedt, I think your gonna discover the "logo" driver that they are handing out isnt gonna work with your printer installed, one or the other will work fine, but not both together, if I get the twain drivers hacked outa the logo ones, I'll be sure and pass them on :rolleyes:

well, using the wise uninstaller custom mode, I was able to go in and remove all the garbage and whittle it down to a basic set of drivers and now I can scan through the twain scan manager interface in all my apps, and still print. what a POS those logo drivers are!! :rolleyes:

I dont know what went wrong but before the os reinstall these 2 did work together. I have installed the printer first. Perhaps if I uninstall the print then install scanner I'll get it to work.

Joe could you give a little more info about what you did with the driver apps

Back