• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master ATC110/111- will dtek radiator fit in lower front?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ATC110, like the 201 I know has a solid 3.5" rack fastened to the case, covering the entire frontal area. The radiator will not fit inside this rack, and I think mounting it behind the rack will result in motherboard clearance issues.

There is a solution to this problem if you are prepared to saw away the lower part of the rack (note that it is fixed to the bottom of the case and it's one solid piece).
Then, the width of the case itself is sufficient to mount the radiator there. Note that the front air intake is 2x80mm, and likely still less than optimal for the 120mm-oriented radiator.

Hi friend, i has a small case, so i had to cut with a dremel the last 2 empty 3 1\2 bays. It fitted.
hq15.jpg

hq18.jpg

hq22.jpg

when you say it is "fixed" to the case do you mean the hard drive rack and case are one piece, or could the hard drive rack be removed all together by removing some screws?

BTW- thanks everyone for replies thus far ;)

JML said:
when you say it is "fixed" to the case do you mean the hard drive rack and case are one piece, or could the hard drive rack be removed all together by removing some screws?

BTW- thanks everyone for replies thus far ;)

It's one long solid cage and I do believe it's attatched to the case via screws or rivets (not in front of my computer right now so I can't check). In order to remove the lower portion I guess you can use a dremel, but I would never do that to a top of the line Coolermaster:(.

Yes they are one piece. What's even more... I just ogled my particular case (the ATC201 which is very similar) and this rack is even one piece with the case front! You'll have to do some serious cutting, but I do think it is feasible. And irreversible. =S

I have a Coolermaster ATC-201 case and I have cut out all of the internal 3 1/2" bays. I did it with a hacksaw. I just cut a horizontal line, stopping at where the drive cage intersects the front piece of the case. I have a riveter, so I drilled out all of the rivets on the bottom of the case and took it off while I cut out the drive bays.
Although, let me warn you it will be a ridiculously tight fit. I have the radiator on it's side and it sits diagonally in my case. Also, I had to cut a special fan shround to make it fit. I'm also using a Maxijet pump, which is really small.

I don't think I would ever cut up such an expensive case :(
If I got that case I'd have to build myself something like koolance's exos.

Thanks everyone for replies, much appreciated ;)

Sniperboy said:
I have a Coolermaster ATC-201 case and I have cut out all of the internal 3 1/2" bays. I did it with a hacksaw. I just cut a horizontal line, stopping at where the drive cage intersects the front piece of the case. I have a riveter, so I drilled out all of the rivets on the bottom of the case and took it off while I cut out the drive bays.
Although, let me warn you it will be a ridiculously tight fit. I have the radiator on it's side and it sits diagonally in my case. Also, I had to cut a special fan shround to make it fit. I'm also using a Maxijet pump, which is really small.

So what did you do with the front piece intersection then? That seems to be the most difficult cut.

9305296.1646408_IMGMedium.JPG

9305281.1636384_IMGMedium.JPG

I have the ATC-111SX and I tell ya it was a pain even getting that black ice pro up there! I had to cut the PSU cage and it still barely fit between there. I don't know wheher you'd want to cut the 5 1/4 cage area for a rad because that is the onnly peice that holds the frame together.

FIZZ3 said:

So what did you do with the front piece intersection then? That seems to be the most difficult cut.

At the point where the drive cage intersects the fan holder things, I cut along the edge of the fan holder thing. Since the bottom of my case was off, I just flipped the case upside down and began cutting.

Sniperboy said:

At the point where the drive cage intersects the fan holder things, I cut along the edge of the fan holder thing. Since the bottom of my case was off, I just flipped the case upside down and began cutting.

I just dug up this old thread as I am now planning to install a heatercore in my 201 as well.

Sniperboy, why did you not place the rad 'standing up' with the barbs on top? I figure the space is there- the cut through the rectangular sparing between the internal 3.5" bays and is just high enough (18.5cm) for the core or is it not?

Do I understand correctly that you kept the fan holder? I was thinking of removing that as well. Hm I must check whether that works with the grille mounting.

Another question: how exactly did you remove the rivets? I know they are supposed to be drilled out, but could you tell me how exactly? RPM? Size/type drill bit?

Back