• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! bought a sk7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

I just bought a sk7 and a 80mm fan... to my surprise... the 80mm fan is BIGGER the the heatsink. how do i screw the fan on the heatsink ?

it didn't come with a instruction. and it is a 80x80x25mm

It should fit just fine. My sunon 80x80x25 is slightly longer then the SK7, but fits perfectly using the clips that come with the heatsink

the SK/SLK series heatsinks don't screw into the heatsink, they use wire clips to hold them in place. make sure your using the right clips, i belive the SK7 comes with three sets, 1 for 15mm 1 for 25mm and one for 38mm thick fans.

thanks guys, i see 4 (set of) clips...now just gotta figure out which one to use.

Hc000 said:
thanks guys, i see 4 (set of) clips...now just gotta figure out which one to use.

Have you referred to the instructions? They seem pretty straight forward. You hook em where the screws go in the fan and there's a little slot in the heatsink for it to lock into.

Yodums

it did not come with the instructions... it did come with some stickers?

Those little black round "stickers" are there so you can attach them to either the bottom of the heatsink or close to where those black foam thingies are on the cpu to help cushion the weight of the heatsink. I did not use mine and everything's just fine.

I just got an sk-7 heatsink with a 80x38 mm fan and it worked fine with my heatsink using the clips that came with it

Back