• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1700+ high temps using vantec AeroFlow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nerdwannabe

1st, check what speed is your fan spining.
2nd, check your system (m/b) temp.
if both fan rpm and m/b temp are within reasonable range (5600rpm and 35C), please take the board off the chassis to examine if the heatsink is seat properly on the cpu.
AS3 will not make a huge difference in temp difference.
I believe it's more than thermal grease.

I build my first computer it has

1700+ amd Tbred
ECS s735 sis MB
and a vantec AeroFlow heat sink with the tmd fan

It will not boot at 133 mhz fsb. so i use 100 the temps are very high about 67C full load. I used the crappy thermal compound that cam with the heatsink. I just used a ligh coat wasn't sure how much to use. right now i am running it at 66mhz fsb and temps are down to 52C full load. I have orderd some artic silver 3 that sould be here next week sometime.

now my question is did i use enough thermal compound that came with the heatsink or is it just not made to be used on this processor. or did i do something else wrong? Any one else have this problem like this. and will the artic silver 3 help get my full load temps under 50c running at the stock 133fsb.

Thanks

Back