• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
The dust is here ! NOOOOOO

I boot up and a while ago my cpu temp was 40 idle with no dust today i check my cpu temp for fun 46 idle, take off case side and goes to 42idle. look inside case there is TONS of dust everywhere, i guess its the result of having 100cfm of air going constantly in and our your case (100cfm in, 100 out). what do i do to get rid of this nasty dust its raising my aire temp in the case 3 degrees.

dxiw said:
The dust is here ! NOOOOOO

I boot up and a while ago my cpu temp was 40 idle with no dust today i check my cpu temp for fun 46 idle, take off case side and goes to 42idle. look inside case there is TONS of dust everywhere, i guess its the result of having 100cfm of air going constantly in and our your case (100cfm in, 100 out). what do i do to get rid of this nasty dust its raising my aire temp in the case 3 degrees.

One word for you, my good man: filters.

i had them but then they got too dirty and had to be rplaced took them out and then forgot to buy the replacement. anywats, is there anything i can do now besides tissue paper wiping and compressed air?

make a negitive air flow~ more out then in and the dust wont have time to settle~ chances are you have a little more in then out~

Im not sure if anyone has ever tried this before, but it seems to me that there is anti static spray/cleaner that you could use when you clean the inside of your case.....put a little on a cloth and wipe down some of the non-electronic parts, also I dont know where your case is located, but if you raise it up off the floor, that may help reduce the dust your intake fans are sucking in. hope this helps.

dxiw said:
i had them but then they got too dirty and had to be rplaced took them out and then forgot to buy the replacement. anywats, is there anything i can do now besides tissue paper wiping and compressed air?

You don't need any more than compressed air.:)

Yes, compressed air is the best way. Failing that, canned air...lol. They are different. Canned air is a semi-flammable liquid chemical that quickly produces a gas. This gas is trapped in the can at a high pressure, thus when the trigger is pulled, it goes out fast. Compressed air is just air that is...well..compressed. Its not dangerous, but it takes a lot of power to compress it...heh, and a lot of noise.

....if you live near a Sam's Club, they should carry a 4-pack of 12 oz cans of canned air. At my club, its 9.98. Price may differ, but if you go to best buy you can get 2 cans for $12.00...so, you do the math...heh.

I have a compressed air tank with no compressor, sounds lame eh? well quick trip is about 6 blocks away and they have free compressed air. not so lame anymore is it? its grate for tires and cleaning of comps.

The Spyder said:
make a negitive air flow~ more out then in and the dust wont have time to settle~ chances are you have a little more in then out~
That doesn't work.

Negative pressure means that dust will come in through every opening in the case.

Also, tildes (~) are not a substitute for proper punctuation. :p

using CANNED air (the stuff you buy that's made for cleaning computers) is much better than using COMPRESSED air (from an air compressor).

an air compressor doesn't filter humidity, dust, or anything else out of the air it's blowing. the canned air is completely dry.

I use canned air and a small duster, along with one of those smoker's ashtrays and filter the air. That way, when I blow out the dust it doesn't get put back into the case.

I think they're actually around 350, but you don't need one. put some stretched-panty hose around your fan. I've also heard a swiffer cloth from those swiffer sweeper things works great

gahdzila said:
using CANNED air (the stuff you buy that's made for cleaning computers) is much better than using COMPRESSED air (from an air compressor).

an air compressor doesn't filter humidity, dust, or anything else out of the air it's blowing. the canned air is completely dry.

you can buy filters for air compressors that catch the water and crap that comes out of them. thats wat i use and it works great.

What type of room is it in? If it is in the house which I assume it is try vacuuming the room. It helps trust me I had a similar problem:) Otherwise use stockings. nice and cheap:)

Back