• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7v mod on a Delta 130CFM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i hooked up a 3pin connector to the 130CFM delta i have so it could run in my nexus but the stupid f***ing thing wont work because this audio alarm goes off because there is no rpm.

the thing, while it is bearable, there is NO WAY IN HELL i could sleep with it on. i dont really notice it while i am using the computer so it is not THAT bad but would still like to have it quieter.

now is there a way for me to 7v mod this using a 3 to 4 pin adapter? i am not sure really how to do this i tried it once a while back but failed.

do you splice the wires so you get the bare wire, and then connect the black to the red and the red to the black? or do you do it differently?

Probably is...becuase thats the basic way of doing it. The difference between the 12volt and 5 volt line ends up being 7 volts so hey presto. These dudes that mod their connectors and make it look really complicated do it so that subsquent fans on the same line automatically get 7volt modded and so saves hassel in the long run.

Back