• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I know that it is best to have more exaust fans than intake fans. But I have a Chenming case that has 2 front (intake) fans, a side (intake) fan, and two rear (exhaust) fans. How do I make sure I have more going out than in. Sorry but I do not know the CFM of my fans. 2 came with the case and I robbed 2 off my old case and 1 off a Via gigapro setup (it doesn't need it anyway, Folding Rig!).

Should the side fan be an exaust fan? Or should I put two really high CFM fans in the rear and make the rest of the fans low speed/noise fans?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

I think I'm correct in saying that you should actually have more CFM shifted into the case than out - fans wise - of course, the amount in and out equalizes or your case ould explode / implode. People generaly have intake fans above the PCI and AGP cards, blowing cool air directly onto them, and then have an intake fan down on the bottom of the front of the case as well. Your fan setup sounds fine though.

i think yours wrong in saying that you should have more air in~ it just creates DUST....... neg air flow (more out then in) = GOOD because less dust~
that side fan should go in, and mostlikley, you will have a equal airlfow which is ok, but its going to be DUSTY!

Back