• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kudos to vantec.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snvpa

I gotta say the vantec nexus is a great product. Just threw it in today after waiting for fedex for too damn long. (shoulda spent the extra 10 bucks for overnight) anyway I can now turn the cpu fan on my dr thermal to 3500 rpm while browsing the net and running office apps. So now I have a pc that I can't hear the fans on. so sweet. For burning in or playing stuff like madden I still crank it up but man what a difference. I can sleep with my computer on, yeah. I also threw on some artic silver which is a step above the 99c goop from radio shack. once the silver settles I'll try for a higher overclock. I'm currently running a 1.33 tbird @1530 w1.85vcore. 11* 139. (sh**ty pc 133). my only complaint is I can't find a good way to mount the temp probe near the cpu as too far away from it delivers an innacurate temp reading but due to the thickness of the wire on it too close negates good contact by the heatsink with the core. any ideas would be appreciated.

hmm, i'll be getting mine soon, too (Christmas). I don't really need the fan adjustment, I just bought it for front USB/Temp monitoring. When I install mine I'll tell you how I rig the cpu temp monitor.

NeoMoses said:
hmm, i'll be getting mine soon, too (Christmas). I don't really need the fan adjustment, I just bought it for front USB/Temp monitoring. When I install mine I'll tell you how I rig the cpu temp monitor.

ill also get it, i will use all of it features, great for mod skill-less n00bs ;) and its not that pricey

yeah it really is a good product. I'll have to figure out a way to control more than one fan with it. probanly just splice into the cables and connect other fans with it. won't have individual control but it will work.. I also found a workable solutioon for my cpu probe. I just stuck it through the fins on the heatsink which go all the way though the sink till they hit the copper plug and or the core of the chip. can't tell what its hitting as its in my case. temps seem, about the same as measured with motherboard monitor. slight variations probably because of the differenct in location. ie. mbm monitors from in socket as the probe is relatively closer to the core.

just notice that if youa re using it, you need to hook it up w/ a 3pin fan WITH RPM MONITORING. i got one so i could hook it up to a 130CFM delta however, because it was a 4 pin fan (i spliced the wires and put a 3 pin on it ) that has no rpm monitoring, i could not do it.

Emericana said:
just notice that if youa re using it, you need to hook it up w/ a 3pin fan WITH RPM MONITORING. i got one so i could hook it up to a 130CFM delta however, because it was a 4 pin fan (i spliced the wires and put a 3 pin on it ) that has no rpm monitoring, i could not do it.

yeah, this thing is definitely not for common 4 pin molex fans, thats wy i bought a 40cfm high output panaflo along with it :)

Back