• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stock amd cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirtoby

I've ordered a retail 1800+ Thoroughbred, and as it's retail a Coolermaster cooler will be included..

Now I'm not interested in the heatsink really.. but I'd want to know if anyone knows the model of this cooler, and more importantly.. the specs of the fan. I have a 7000 rpm Delta right now and if I could get anything half decent to cool.. then I could just put the coolermaster fan there if it's worth anything.. so does anyone know the cfm, dBa and rpm ratings for the stock fan?

Putting an insane fan on a heatsink won't do much if the heatsink isn't that great which it isn't in this case. In order for you to get better performance you're going to have to order a new heatsink and most likely equip a new fan or use your existing one you have. From what you mentioned (7000rpm), you have a 60mm fan, and if you're going to upgrade your heatsink go for an 80mm one like the SLK800 (Sale for 30.00 @ svcompucycle.com)

Yodums

well what I was thinking was putting a slower fan on my existing heatsink, so I've been looking on different fans.. don't really want to go and buy a new heatsink as I've spent loads of money just a few days ago and I'm waiting for that stuff to arrive..

So that's why I wondered what rpm/cfm that coolermaster fan has if it would be a possibility to stick that to my GlobalWin WBK-38 heatsink.. what I want is a good noise/performance ratio.. if it will hold back a few extra OC'ed MHz.. then so be it..

So what I wanted to know the specs of that fan that comes with the AMD stock cooler for Athlon XPs.. or if I should look out for some other fan..

What I want is a fan that can push 30 cfm or more, with 35 dB or lower.. don't know if this is impossible to find tho?

oh and yes.. it is a 60x60 fan.. I have been thinking about maybe putting an 80x80 fan on that WBK-38 heatsink as well, but I'm not really sure how to go about it since the wbk38 had the wire things to hold the fan in place, so maybe I could bend the wires or something, but I'm not really sure..

Yodums said:
Putting an insane fan on a heatsink won't do much if the heatsink isn't that great which it isn't in this case. In order for you to get better performance you're going to have to order a new heatsink and most likely equip a new fan or use your existing one you have. From what you mentioned (7000rpm), you have a 60mm fan, and if you're going to upgrade your heatsink go for an 80mm one like the SLK800 (Sale for 30.00 @ svcompucycle.com)

Yodums

OMG THX man, couldn't pass up that deal... got an slk800 and 52CFM blue crystal fan coming. :D I was getting sick of this weak *** rubberband holding my sk7 on.

Back