• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building new box for friend, need sugestions for parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like what you have decided on so far, however you should really think about getting 2 sticks of RAM and not just one. Reason? Simple, if you blow a module what are you going to use to boot with until you can replace the RAM that blew the module?

Just food for thought.My list for you under $400

Last edited:
hey talking about people like that isn't nice. Anyway i didn't mess up your box, that trash biostar mobo was the problem. You bought the whole thing at a computer show/sale. And how is your HDD? you know the one i just put in for you, because you were to scared to!?

blah, anywayz...why am i talking to you on this site? cant i just come over your house or sumtin?
but blah, you fried the old hd too

we ordered it today, his mother was being kind of unforthcoming with his cash, and we ordered from newegg and should be here by saturday
we'll update while we build it ... with PICS!

ok so i'm going to anti's on monday and tuesday to build the box... and i've made a list of planned mods.
1. cut out vent holes in front with drill, take out airflow reducing finger guard for front fan
2. cut out back fan guards and replace with grilles
3. place cpu temp sensor in front panel
4. paint TTSF2- blue (the orange really clashes with the rest of the box
5. paint cdrom and fdd bezels baby blue
!
any other suggestions? come on feed em' to me!

hrm, it still hasnt come in, because fed ex is a *****.. right now its `11:41 am here... daegon should be coming over at around 12, plus he is bringing dance dance revolution :) while we are waiting for fed ex....

im doing this because daegon was too lazy to do it himself... yes, we put the case together, everything, it works fine, it even looks cooler. we are ocing it at 110% right now...

comp2.jpg

this is the ttsf that we spray painted blue (it is normally red)

comp3.jpg

this is a view of the front bottom... those knobs at the top link to fans in the back and top, they are fully adjustable. we also drilled holes in the front, to allow more airflow. it does look super ghetto though, partly because of a crack daegon made when he was drilling through one of them. if you look at it, it kinda looks like a face with the tongue stuck out...

comp1.jpg

now this is a side view...dae's crappy camera and the crappy lighting around makes it hard to see everything inside of the case.. but, as you see, there is a blue neon light inside, and with a fan blowing in. the stuff you cant see are the fans in the front, back, and top.. as well as cable ties holding together wires!

anti... remember its g-rated
and yeah, i feel like i did a good job, once i get my hands on a good camera i'll take some good pics

Back