• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa, chaeck out this cooling.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There was a big discussion about this alittle while back...I don't think it will be that good though....at least they are trying to bring extreme cooling (well kinda) into the mainstream.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
this thing isnt extreme its way crappy the temps arent impressive at all..

It's obviously not as extreme as some of the stuff you lot do :D
But I bet thats what they will try and sell it as to joe public.
I think I read in the other post about this that you could probably get better temps with a good aircooling setup :cool:

I think its more tech than performance. I bet a decent copper sink would do a better job for less $. It would be very interesting to see how well it performed with a decent heatsink and especially a copper coldplate. A TEC around 80 watts or so isn't a bad idea for high end aircooling assuming your cpu isn't running to high a voltage. Insulation would also help a little in keeping the cold side cold. Condensation isn't really a problem unless your using a low wattage CPU like celerons and P3's. The key is balance. If the TEC or CPU is overpowering you will get higher temps than with a normal HS setup.

He claims to be using a dual pelt setup that uses 72W, yet he's trying to cool a processor that he claims puts out 112W?

At any rate, it's a good start, but without a nice sized fan and copper heatsink, I can't see spending that much when water costs as much and is cooler and is quieter...

I did a simulation of this with the Kryotherm pelt software.

It has to be using something very close to two 172 Watt TEC's running at relatively low voltages. (12V and lower.)

TEC's are much more efficient at low voltages, than they are at the voltages most extreme coolers run them at.

With a copper heatsink and coldplate this could be a quite respectable product. It will need a screaming fan though.

Technology wise, it is far superior to Swifttech's aircooled pelt setup.

BoB NaPaLm said:

I think I read in the other post about this that you could probably get better temps with a good aircooling setup :cool:

I do get better temps with air cooling :D

This is going to be a screaming market failure. Anyone can
get lower temps for less money. TEC efficiencies have not
really advanced for decades. If Since87's estimates are
correct, and I believe they are, then just the cost of the
two TECs will push the price out of the market.:(

The article says that it is 75 Euro. I don't see how they can afford to sell it for that price. (Even with a low TEC price, due to high volume.)

Back