• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does ECS make good mother boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ECS probably dosent stand for anything in particular

They make decent mobos- but not for overclockers and not with tons of features. If you are looking for a mobo for grandma- get ecs. If you are looking for one for yourself go asus.

i agree as far as the ecs board goes... but i think for overclocking i would go with a Epox... Asus is a more stable board but i think the epox is better for ocing... just my opinion...

nealric said:
I just finnished trying to help a freind whith an FIC kt133 that refused to run 133- they are junk.

Hahahahahaha!!!
NONE of the KT133 boards support 133mhz FSB. Very few of them actually support PC133 RAM as well.

This issue wasn't "fixed" until the KL133 and KT133+ models came out (and their support is iffy).

I pick boards based on how easy it is to get board specific information from their website, and their rate of product returns is. From this experience, Biostar, ECS, and a few others score EXTREMELY low.

Though I've never used one of their products, I've read many posts of people who've had problems with FIC. And I had a neighbor who had an VA503+ that gave him nothing but problems. So I'd recommend avoiding FIC.

ECS stands for Elitegroup C*** S***
The biggest motherboard maker in term of shipments,
Their mobo are known for low prices:)
You can figure out the quality by yourself

ssgohan434 said:
so would it be okay to get a FIC?
No, I was saying he jumped to a huge conclusion without doing any research. If you want to find out the true quality that a company outputs, just search for real user reviews. Then take them with a grain of salt, since 25% of them are either going to be complete zealots, or inflammatory imbeciles.

From personal experience, my favorite brands are...

MSI
Abit
Shuttle
Soyo

However, I give them no exclusivity. It's an eventuality that you will receive a dead motherboard at one point in time. But each company deals with customer support differently. This is where the real players start to stand out.

Back