• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case finally ordered!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArBiTaL 24

There is no spoon
FINALLY!
After around 4 months of indicisive thinking, about 50 overclockers posts:D, and a quiz for everyone i know, i have decided upon and ordered a case!

I evantually chose to get the one that i asked about in a post a couple of days ago. You can see it HERE.
It is the silver one.
So- good choice or not? I'll have to see when it arrives. I'll get a cheap digital camera and take some photos if you'd like... Maybe when it comes to actually putting the thing together i can post my progress here?

ArBiTaL24.

Nice, but for $200 there better be a lot of drool.

I'd wish for larger holes in front, but I guess that's as a good a place to start modding as any.

Yea, i probably mod it a bit when i get it, i'll need a dremal though. Remember, this is my first build ;)

I get to order my Lian-li PC-75 in black after x-mas. G/F is making me wait till after x-mas......I need a new computer :( this celeron 1.2@ 1.6 just ain't cutting it anymore.

LOL :D
when i get it, i'll try and buy a cheap digital camera and upload some pics... Also pics when i make it, if that's OK.

Me too

I just bought myself a case aswell. I went with the Cheiftec Dragon with a preinstalled window,a black floppy,and a Raidmax Blue 400w PSU. I hope you like your new case cause I know I will. :D

i just got my fulltower cheiftec as well with 450 watt psu, no window.the four 80 mm fans keep her within a couple of degrees of room temperature.all those extra fans may be overkill.

Naw, just noisey if you use stock 80mm. I have 5 plus 2 in the Antec PSU and another 80mm on the Volcano 7+ using the Matrix case. Keeps the temps down to about 31-35c unless I open a window then it can hit under 29c. You will love the Cheiftec case. LOTs of room to make changes to it and still keep good airflow inside it.

As for the case in this post, I'm not sure I would have spent $200+ on it but to each his or her own. Doesn't look like a bad case and the 120mm on top it's gotta keep things cool. :D

Yea, I think just cos i wanted a very good, cool case that'll allow for the biggest overclocks without water, but it's my first "build" and didn't want to get a nice case and then screw things up:D.

Yeah, chieftech's are nice. I was going to get one myself before i saw this one! Good luck to all those people getting new cases!

Case fans: Yea, i was going to replace all the 80mm and the 20mm with higher CFM, nicer ones. I've got this in a seperate post as well but does anyone have any extra ideas as to good 80mm fans? (remember- i want to get them all the same, so i have to buy 6, so not ones that cost $100 a piece please :D)

PSU: well, i'm getting a 550W cheapo brand as a gift from santa it seems, but from what people have been saying, it seems that it is a very rubbish PSU and a lower rated, better brand one is better. At first i thought "oh well, it'll be ok", but as more and more people said the 550w was bad, i've started to re-consider. SO, does anyone have a preferance?
I've seen the Antec 480W Power Supply TRUE480 and the SPARKLE 400 WATTS ATX both at newegg, what do people think?

THANKS!! ArBitaL24.:)

ArBiTaL 24 said:
Yea, I think just cos i wanted a very good, cool case that'll allow for the biggest overclocks without water, but it's my first "build" and didn't want to get a nice case and then screw things up:D.

Yeah, chieftech's are nice. I was going to get one myself before i saw this one! Good luck to all those people getting new cases!

WOW nice case I like that alot

Ive spent 2 dayes looking @ cases & im about sick of it lol

thats one of the best ive seen besides the Antek's I like the bare Aluminum look

Hey what ever you do if you droped all that cash on a fat case
dont skimp on the power supply just cause the voltage may be high IE: 550w dosent mean its a good PS

Antec 480W or 430w
SPARKLE 400

Good choices Id go with Antek if posible Sparkle is a good ps as well

cozmo_d said:

WOW nice case I like that alot

Ive spent 2 dayes looking @ cases & im about sick of it lol

thats one of the best ive seen besides the Antek's I like the bare Aluminum look

Hey what ever you do if you droped all that cash on a fat case
dont skimp on the power supply just cause the voltage may be high IE: 550w dosent mean its a good PS

Antec 480W or 430w
SPARKLE 400

Good choices Id go with Antek if posible Sparkle is a good ps as well

Thanks!

A: 2 days? lol, i've spent the last 4 months looking at cases :eek::eek::)

B: I have a thread in this forum a couple of posts down where i ask about this. There are two nice ones i've seen, and both got about the same number of votes. see it here.

Thank-you!
I'm getting 2 CC's- both blue, although i can get them quite cheap in a computer fair near me si i might experiment with a green or red one as well....

Back