• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird readout on A7V8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norrko

Hi!

Recently I bought a Vapochill-case. Everything works great but
there is one thing that bothers me. The Vapochill tells me -12 degrees. MBM give feedback on three temps.. First the internal diode, then the external diode and last the ambient temp.

The internal is 14 C and that seems correct. The external is 55 C
and the ambient is 30...

Why the heck does the external tells me 55 C ?
Do anyone have a clue?

/Norrko

Norrko said:
Hi!

Recently I bought a Vapochill-case. Everything works great but
there is one thing that bothers me. The Vapochill tells me -12 degrees. MBM give feedback on three temps.. First the internal diode, then the external diode and last the ambient temp.

The internal is 14 C and that seems correct. The external is 55 C
and the ambient is 30...

Why the heck does the external tells me 55 C ?
Do anyone have a clue?

/Norrko
I wouldn't worry about the external probe... On die is all that matters, the probe could be bunk.

lol that bios update dropped my on die temps by 10 degrees :eek:

I tried contacting ASUS about whether this was correct or a bug but they still havnt gotten back to me :(

I tried the 1010 bios on mine and it dropped my cpu temps 10 degrees... it was reading that my CPU temp was lower than my mobo temp :rolleyes:

1010 bios is off... supposed to calibrate the cooling sensors but it just screws em up.

OK... I know there's no issue about weird readouts but it's strange because the temp of the CPU is right if I NOT had the Vapochill. I think my Asus-board utilize some kind of fuzzy logic and calculate that strange readout. And both on-die and in-socket diode must be affected by the cold evaporator. Can't believe that on-die shows 14 C and the In-socket shows 57 C as if I should have used some ordinary air-cooling...

/Norrko

I didn't think that the A7v8X had an in-socket thermistor coz I didn't see one in there. Unless your referring to one you stuck under there yourself?

BoB NaPaLm said:
I didn't think that the A7v8X had an in-socket thermistor coz I didn't see one in there. Unless your referring to one you stuck under there yourself?

I don't think that it had it either. But where does the readout come from then? I'm confused because the system works like a clock and my XP2200+ runs at 2.2 GHz right now, temps seems right to me and there is one "invisible" sensor that tells me 57 C....

/Norrko

Back