• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

failed unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tragic_monkey

u was unlocking my xp1600+ AGOIA0213Y (green)
first two tries no luck multipliers wont work unless in default, then i tried scraping the contacts to try and remove the thin layer which prevents unlocking, i accidently scraped down to the layer underneath the green. Well it still works, but not when i try to unlock it, any ideas on how i can get this chip unlocked plz, i heard u can connect some of the pins on the back to unlock that may be my only hipe.

The unlock method you mentioned by connecting pins at the back is for the Tbred. That's where you use a piece of wire to connect the pins.

The only way I know on how to unlock a pally is by filling in the pits and connecting the bridges w/ conductive paint.

has anyone else had any trouble like this?
isnt there something else i have to do to unlock the green chips i heard there is for the 2100+ (green) but i dont know about the 1600+
i know a lot of people have had trouble with the green cpus and unlocking if so please post your problems here

Yeh - I had the same as you and uncovered the metal below. Tried covering it all with nail varnish and unpick the terminals but to no avail. I back to being locked again.

I'm just going to live with it until Bartons are cheep. Unless I find a Tbred in my wife's stockings this christmas.

Robin Hood said:

I'm just going to live with it until Bartons are cheep. Unless I find a Tbred in my wife's stockings this christmas.

I hope she's still not wearing those stockings when you find it. j/k :D

I'm holding out for the Rev B chips myself.

Back