• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a CD-ROM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srwven

About a year ago I read an article on overclocking a cd-rom. It listed different manufacturers and how to overclock their cdroms. For some, it was just using drivers for a higher rated model. I have done numerous searches and can't find the article. Does anyone know where to find it?

if you do happen to find it or someone PMs you with it, please post it here. It sounds very interesting.

the sclsoest thing i've heard to this was a liteon cdrw that was liek 32x but u could flash the firmware and get like 40x or somehting like that. sounds cool , but i wouldn't think it'd be worth it if u had to take stuff apart

ya overclocking cd rw and cdrom drives is upgrading their firmware to a faster models firmware, most of the time it works spendidly sometimes you get a dead drive

Well,....

There are many brands you can overclock besides LiteOn. You can usually also overclock most of the today's LG line's, since all 832x and 840x's models share same design, as do all the 848xs (and possibly 852xs) models.

Regards
FTC

Back