• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500LE and holes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
hey guys, Im looking into radeon 8500 and watercooling it, anyway, I need holes, they are a MUST, I know the BBA cards have holes, but were do I get them? Actually I know the 128s have holes but do the 64s also? at ATI, they have the 64 for 72shipped, Im looking into that, I gotta make sure to have holes!

help!
Jon

did I not mention 8500LE not the 8500? oops, I should edit,. Im talking about the 8500LE cards, I NEED ONE WITH HOLES!!!

Just orderd an 8500LE vid card from ATI. Hopeing to do a vmod and slap on a good core/mem coolin unit. Watercooling=awsome :D

Hey JFettig. The "built by" ATI 8500LE cards with 128MB of memory have the holes. I just got done mounting my Dangerden Geforce 3 block to my card.

I've noticed the built by 8500LE cards are becoming very hard to find. It seems like ATI is focusing on the 9000 and up series of cards now. I'll take a look around the web for ya though.

If you want to be sure you are getting a true "built by" card, you should make sure it is a reatil card instead of the oem. It will cost more however.

nope, I just killed that one, I got a new one to throw in there now, Im gonna hceck refurbs tomorow or order a radeon 9000, they have holes and are like 80some dollars, thanx for your help guys!

I did notice how its only the 128s, that sucks, those are 150 and the 64s are 72 from ATI.com

GRRRR can someone explain "holes" to me?

What a stupid name to give a GOOD technology (i presume it is, otherwise you wouldn't ask for one with holes)

THX, ArBiTaL24.

lol, the holes are around the GPU they hold the heatsink or waterblock with TEC in my case:)

Jon

Oh, THOSE holes.

Isn't that a standard?:eek:
seems to me like saying "motherboard- now with RAM slots!!!" :D

Nope, sometimes the gpu heatsink is epoxied on the gpu instead of being mounted by holes. Also, different models of video cards put the holes in different positions.

you only need to check when your gonna modify it in some way to need those holes, normally I wouldnt worry about it, even just using a waterblock, but a peltier would freeze the epoxy

JFettig said:
you only need to check when your gonna modify it in some way to need those holes, normally I wouldnt worry about it, even just using a waterblock, but a peltier would freeze the epoxy

K THX! :)

Radeon 9000 may not cost too much, but it still may not be worth the money you spend on it.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1655

The title of the above article discribes it perfectly.

If you can wait it out alittle longer for the 9500PRO to drop in price and for someone to figure out how to OC it, that may be the best bang for the buck. That card would be worthy of a peltier, not a 9000pro.

ok, thanx for the suggestions, Im checking newegg refurbs tomorw:)

Back