• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM and replacing hard drives.... question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hawkeye_wx

I'm going to call Monday to find out for sure, but does anyone know if IBM will replace a hard drive that works fine but has an annoying high-pitch noise all of a sudden?

I just ad an IBM die on me. You have to run there diagnostic program it will give you a code which you compare on there website then if it gives you one of a few codes it will give you a choice to wite over the drive to repair or to Return. click the return buton and it should give you an RMA #.you can then call them up and they will Email you the info to return it. If it the diagnostic software doesn' give an error code call them anyways and see if they will do it. You can get the diagnostic software from http://www.storage.ibm.com/hdd/support/download.htm
It is called the drive fitness test. Good luck and if you have any more questions just post:D

Back