• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those interested in 9500pro.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The site itself has no interest in "riggin" the test.
It's one of the oldest hardware sites in .ru internet.
I would assume ATI wouldnt be interested in buying them out due to the very specific audience they (the site) have.
For all purposes i regard this as an independent but credible source.

Oh.
I was kinda hoping they had a good reason to rig the tests- i was gonna get a 9700 :D

One of their points is that despait ati claims 9500pro in fact has 256 bit mem interface.

its rubish. it doesnt have a 256bit interface. thats why the r9700pro is so far ahead. the few test that it did beat the 9700pro on all the cards were so close that any of them could have won

walkerIV said:
One of their points is that despait ati claims 9500pro in fact has 256 bit mem interface.

Well, looking at the 9500 Pro overclocked to 9700 Pro speeds, and it still doesnt perform as well as the 9700 Pro, its obvious it doesnt have a 256bit bus

After reading that review (in english - that really helps) i retract my last statement.
well, evnas, you should read that review before you make those comments.
To me that review makes a lot of sence. It sound just too right to be faked, and if was, they did a damn good job of it.

james.miller said:
After reading that review (in english - that really helps) i retract my last statement.
well, evnas, you should read that review before you make those comments.
To me that review makes a lot of sence. It sound just too right to be faked, and if was, they did a damn good job of it.

Oh, they must have done a damn good job at it:p :D .

yeah I don't put much stock in the 9500 having a 256 bus. I mean the original pre production model of the 9500 pro used the same pcb as the 9700 pro. why woiuld ati go through the trouble of changing the pcb just to put the exact same stuff in there. it obviously has a 128 bit bus vs 256 because even clocked to 9700 pro speeds it doesn't perform the same. the card was clocklocked but they couldn't really expect that no one would figure it out. I'm not as much of an expert as alot of people here but there seems to be no good reason to design a new board for something that has the same componets as another card. so they had to have changed something on the hardware level.

A lot of people have agreed though, in other posts, that it's 128 so i'm pretty sure now...

The 9700s have a quad channel 64bit bus, the 9500s have a dual channel 64bit bus. The channels are fully independent (ie: one can be writing while two others are reading).

9700pro: 4x64bit memory, 8 pixel pipelines, 325/310
9700: 4x64bit memory, 8 pixel pipelines, 275/270
9500pro: 2x64bit memory, 8 pixel pipelines, 275/275
9500: 2x64bit memory, 4 pixel pipelines, 275/270

- JW

Back