Thread: Modem squeal

Modem squeal

I have installed a conexant generic modem driver i can connect without any prob's but the modem makes a squealing noise as if it is constantly handshaking with my ISP any help please.

Try turning down the modem speaker volume:

Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems Tab > Select your modem and hit properties > Modem Tab > and set the speaker volume to a good level.

Is that what you were looking for?

if you are asking that your modem keeps handshaking for a long time and no connection is established than you might want to check your line for any line disturbance or noise, there if there is any chances of a clean connection are very slim and your modem will act like an ass

Processor : Intel Core i7 3770K Mobo :Asus P8Z77-VLK GPU : Gigabyte HD 7850 OC 2gb
    PSU : Corsair GS 800 Casing : CM 690 III Cooling : CM Seidon 240M CPU, 1 x 200 MM, 6 x 120 MM RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 Storage : Corsair Force GS 3 240 GB SSD Boot Drive, 5 TB+ Data Storage Display :1x42" Panasonic C10 Plasma and Dell 23" 1080p LED Speakers :Onkyo 605 with Polk Audio 5.1 Setup

No i'am using the modem now there is just a constant squeal coming from the modem even with speaker vol down anymore suggestions please I think it is driver related it is a conexant modem with chipset no RS56/sp or r6793-17 running on winme thanks

just had the same problem with the same brand of modem on a customers computer last night... that machine used XP Home, but it ended up being a driver issue... make SURE you're using the right/newest drivers, and if that still doesnt work, uninstall everything even related to the modem, shutdown, pull modem out, stick it in a different PCI slot, and reinstall it with the right drivers.. fixed it for me..
    Intel i7-2600k
    ASUS P8P67 Pro
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X 8GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Corsair HX750 750w
    OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
    Cooler Master CM 690 II
    Logitech G710+ & G9x
    Dell U2713HM