• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modem squeal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try turning down the modem speaker volume:

Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems Tab > Select your modem and hit properties > Modem Tab > and set the speaker volume to a good level.

Is that what you were looking for?

if you are asking that your modem keeps handshaking for a long time and no connection is established than you might want to check your line for any line disturbance or noise, there if there is any chances of a clean connection are very slim and your modem will act like an ***

No i'am using the modem now there is just a constant squeal coming from the modem even with speaker vol down anymore suggestions please I think it is driver related it is a conexant modem with chipset no RS56/sp or r6793-17 running on winme thanks

just had the same problem with the same brand of modem on a customers computer last night... that machine used XP Home, but it ended up being a driver issue... make SURE you're using the right/newest drivers, and if that still doesnt work, uninstall everything even related to the modem, shutdown, pull modem out, stick it in a different PCI slot, and reinstall it with the right drivers.. fixed it for me..

Back