• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500 clarification please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
emericanchaos said:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/r9500pro.html

so basically is this article sayin that a radeon 9500 with 128megs has to be 256bit memory interface and not 128?

if so that would make it a clock locked 9700. is this what everyone is talking about?

The 9500 is clocked locked yes but a guy named warp11 has found a work around to unleash the o/c power :D

Go to this thread

It works fine for me running the 9500pro at 340/310 :cool:

emericanchaos said:
so basically you have a 9700 pro?

Other then half the memory bandwidth...yes, heh. And that article is really just, well...very poorly written. It doesnt have a 256bit bus, and its NOT a 4x2 architecture...i dont know what that guy was smoking when he wrote that and looked at those benchmarks, but hes right up there with government conspirasists, hehe

Another conspiracy theory for you:

If one hex edit 3dmark exe so that the internal program name would be say 1dmark then xabre600 scores suddenly drop by 20%.
Exact same card just the different exe run the benchies.
Some drivers are too smart for their own good.

So effectively the 9500 is just the same as 9700-------->better value-------->not worth getting 9700?

ArBiTaL 24 said:
So effectively the 9500 is just the same as 9700-------->better value-------->not worth getting 9700?

The 9700 pro or 9700 beats the 9500pro, no question about it but for the price, the 9500pro is probly the best value/performance card out there.

Cool thanks.
Mind you, the prices seem to vary quite a lot- sometimes the 9700 is much, much more but sometimes they're near enough the same. Also, what about the BIOS flash? I know there's a few elements about the card that cannot be increased by this, but what gain comes from the BIOS flash/what does it do? it seems that just a little firmware update can suddenly render all ATI's theories and differant spec cards the same...

ok people the 9500Pro has a 128bit bus, there is no doubt of this...and overclocked 9500Pro will not come anywhere near a 9700Pro...

it is however, a much better value imho

a simply flash of bios...your 9700 can become 9700 pro...damn nice. should i put my card on sell and get 9700?? still thinking..

tainice said:
a simply flash of bios...your 9700 can become 9700 pro...damn nice. should i put my card on sell and get 9700?? still thinking..

Its actually better to just switch to Warp11's 9700 BIOS, and overclock from there. U get better performance from the actual 9700 BIOS, instead of flashing to the Pro BIOS

Rotary-Motion said:

hi

me too OH I HAVE ONE :eek: :eek: :cool:

hey ArBiTaL 24

what you like on making avatars???

I NEED ONE mine sucks.....:(

Ok. I made my avatar. I use paint mainly (which i SERIOUSLY think is much more versatile and useful than others, like PSP and photoshop. Maybe not for photos, but for close-n-accurate work, you can't beat it :D)

What sort of thing are you looking for?
PM me.:)

Evnas said:

Its actually better to just switch to Warp11's 9700 BIOS, and overclock from there. U get better performance from the actual 9700 BIOS, instead of flashing to the Pro BIOS

you'd still get better performance from the "proper" 9700pro though, wouldn't you?
What's the price differances?

ArBiTaL 24 said:

you'd still get better performance from the "proper" 9700pro though, wouldn't you?
What's the price differances?

Yes, u would. And ive seen Pros for as low as $310, and regulars for as low as $250

*edit* a quick look on pricewatch, and the 9700 is as low as $225, and the Pro is at $278

Last edited:
Back