• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old game name?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twist

There was this old game I liked, but I forget what it was called. I'm going to describe it, hopefully someone can identify it for me??

Description:
----------------
Layout: Big areas of land, with few islands near it.

Characters: You and the computer were little different colored dots.

What to do: You went around and had to find this treasure, but it was hidden and you had to find it. I THINK you could see different trasure chests, and you had to figure out which one.

Other: As you went around, you found Gold/Silver, and if you met up with some one I think you could steal gold/silver from them?

Please help identify this game!!

I don't think it was Pirates, because the game was for the PC. But, could you show me some pictures of it?

Pirates! was rereleased for DOS a few years later under the name Pirates Gold. It was graphical and it allowed you to sail around a map, fight ships, dock at towns to court women, build ships, buy supplies, make alliances, etc.

I'm having a hard time finding pics. I did see it for download on KaZaA, it's a must-try kinda game. It's really hard to find for sale at used software stores because it was quite popular and is still one of my all-time favorite games.

Here it is at Abandon Keep

My favorite game of all time (X-COM: UFO Defense) won't work on newer machines because it emulates too quickly.

Last edited:
I saw some pics online, but its not that. There were no ships, alliances, women, etc.

Also, you never saw faces or anything, it was always just your colored dot and the computer players colored dots, and the "map" area. Never any visuals of the people.

Back