• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp1800 tbred... need more voltage ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radadman

Just got this tbred. I can only get 10.5*166 on my msi kt4, mobo is limiting voltage to 1.60 max. Will closing all L11 bridges get me to 1.85v? Will I still have a range in bios to choose from? Any other methods to increase cpu voltage with throughbreds?

=[8c0re8]= said:
your M/B is is @ 160v max?...wat BIOS version are you using?..

i think a updated bios version might increase ur voltage?

I've tried all the versions 1.0-1.6 no luck. Guess I'll get out the conductive pen and scotch tape tonight and close all the L11 bridges.

you'll probably have to volt mod your mobo..

search around on google or something and you'll probably find out how to do it..

$68=2GHz!

I closed all the L11 bridges last night. Booted up ok, only got 1.65v max., missed the second L11 bridge. Fixed it and now getting the full 1.85v!

Gota love these cpus! No burn-in at all & I'm getting 170*[email protected] The tbred's teasing me with with 2GHZ, 12*[email protected] will boot winxp but hangs. I'm sure after some burn in I'll break 2GHz!

$68=2GHz! Life is good! Thanks AMD & NEWEGG!

heyou_21 said:
Radadman,

Just wondering what are you using for cooling?

Currently using slk800 w/80mm panaflo, but i'm going to try my 80mm tornado & ear muffs to see what I can get.

Thanks Rad, i need better cooling for mine, but i don't want anything too loud. currenttly using a valcano 7.

Back