• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.8a c1 vs bo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kasmodean

Registered
What are the odds of getting a BO stepped 1.8a to run at 150 and higher fsb? I am looking for a c1 but no to avail and am losing patiences, I have several pieces of equipment coming this christmas that just have to go in a new pc.

Lies!!!!!!!!!! My 1.8 B0 has a pack date of November and it won't. I guess it depends on your RAM though (Toshiba RDRAM doesn't do very well.)

Well AntmanMike, Until you test your CPU with a different system, it is hard to say that is what is holding back your OC. I aggree with jdmcnudgent that with any 1.8 you have a really good chance to at least hit 150 fsb, this is of course if the rest of your components are up to the task.

AntmanMike said:
Lies!!!!!!!!!! My 1.8 B0 has a pack date of November and it won't. I guess it depends on your RAM though (Toshiba RDRAM doesn't do very well.)

forget the pack date....what week is it?

after week 40 they should hit 150fsb...yet it is still luck of the draw.

mica

No, its my RAM. I couldn't get past 112 and I was like WTF? Then I went to 3x multiplier and it worked. Then I got to 140FSB :) Then my RAM stopped me again. Must... Get... PC1066...

I just set up a new system last night using an Abit BD7-II and 1.8A B0 stepping CPU. It ran an easy 2.4 gig on default voltage with the retail cooler. We used Kingston PC2700 DDR RAM at the 3:4 ratio too. The guy wouldn't let me try anything higher, but I suspect it would run 2.7 gig. Two 1.8A systems I helped with back in September made it to 2.6 gig ok. I would say at least 75% (and probably more) of the later 1.8A CPUs will probably reach 150 FSB with good cooling and good components.

Back