• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing Textures (OLD Card)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
OK, I know that this issue could probably be resolved with a new card (which I'm hoping to get), but for right now, it's bugging me to death!!

I've got a ATI Xpert 128 card, and on some games the textures are missing on certian frames or alltogether.

Examples:
When I try to run 3DMark, the car chase has it's textures missing at high resolutions (1024x768), and on low resolutions (800x600 and below) the textures of the car seem to turn on and off while the background textures sometimes swap between diffrent background items.

On UT2K3, the textures are totaly missing and the main menu is a mass of white, with blocks of yellow as text. No matter what resolution I run at, it dosen't fix the problem.

On my Nintendo-64 emulator the graphics are missing some textures that are present on my other computer. There is no diffrence in textures betwen 640x480 (native resolution) and 1024x768.

Do any of you have ideas as to what could be causing this??
ATI Xpert 128 (16MB) (...because my 8500 died)
DirectX 8.1 (NOT 8.1b)
Windows XP (Service Pack 1 NOT INSTALLED)

JigPu

Back