• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

biggest monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL
Yea- attatch 'em together- extended desktop!:eek:
Talk about "immersive graphics":D!!

UT2003 anyone?:D:D:D

..As for affordable monitors.. I have one of the largest self-contained monitors available: a Barco RetroGraphics 801s. Its a 67" CRT projection monitor that can autolock to any resolution between 15 khz (standard NTSC) upto 94 khz (1600x1200) with a refresh rate upto 140hz. It has 10 inputs and any of them can be configured for RBGHV (VGA on BNCs). It ran $22k when it was new. Now they can be had for less than $2k. The one I have was actually installed in NORAD for a couple years.. I picked it up from a govt auction in Colorado Springs. Lately all my gamer friends have been fighting over who gets to play Ghost Recon on it.. I guess if I was more of a gamer i'd buy a better video card :)

This is the newer equivalent, it can scan a bit higher:
http://www.barco.com/projection_systems/products/product_specs.asp?element=326

They're cool looking monitors.. it barely fits in my basement with less than 4" of celing clearance!

You should see the stuff Barco makes now.. you've probably never heard of them but they make the best/coolest/most expensive displays of any form on the planet.. take a look at all the virtual reality displays on this page, especially the "I-Space"

http://www.barco.com/projection_systems/index.asp?topic=product

Those are just the projectors.. they make plenty of badass direct-view monitors as well.. including the most color-accurate monitor in the world, the Reference Calibrator.

Jeff

sirtoby said:
The best one out there is the Sony Triniton 24" 16:10 crt.. but pricey as well..

but hey, you get what you pay for eh?

i got a Sony Trinitron 20" Crt for 125$ at the same time I bought an other band same thing 20" Crt (trinitron of course)

totaled up to 250$ i was happy.

though i currently only use 1 (this post must be old sorry for raising the dead ive been away from this forum for a long time.)

yea seriouly i dont even remeber posting this one

Back