• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinite Probability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KenCo

"to be overtaken by Infinite Probability in 18.97 days" is the latest word at the bottom of the SETI@work page. Hmmm....could this be another team with a big time cheater leading the way? Let's hope not.

edit:

lol, just looked more carefully and notice this........12299WUs @89367WU/day.
I guess it won't take long for that situation to be corrected. ;)

Last edited:
SetiatWork does that. Some team way down there has a big dump one day and it gets extended out forever. Maybe SetiatWork 2 will have time to fix it.:)

Harvey

Last edited:
The problems is not with berkeley. so far I know they use an statistics analysis to predic all the take overs, so if you make a dump (or you have someone join the team with some WU under their wings) the linear regresions returns odd results (and if you check the fit, the r^2 with be way under 0.9).....this leads to bad predictions.....I've been working in a way to automatically sort this from my excel proggie, but so far I've been unable to sort it out.

Mictlan said:
this leads to bad predictions.....I've been working in a way to automatically sort this from my excel proggie, but so far I've been unable to sort it out.

Dear

I would be very interested in looking at your excel proogie, I may be able to help with detecting when the prediction isn't to be trusted

best

Back