• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Heator Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Watch22

I have started cutting my case for the heater core installation. What is the optimal opening size for the heater core? I left a 1/4" on each side of the heater core so I could mount it. I will also be sealing the heater core to the front of the case with weather stripping.

Has anyone made some kind of dust filter to put over the heater core? I was thinking of making a washable one that would fit over the opening.

PICT0086.JPG

I use a dryer sheet for a filter - makes the room smell good for the first night, works well, and is really cheap.

I have my heatercore in the same place also, however I have not cut out any holes or anything - I just threw it in the front with a fan. ;)

Watch22 said:
I have started cutting my case for the heater core installation. What is the optimal opening size for the heater core? I left a 1/4" on each side of the heater core so I could mount it. I will also be sealing the heater core to the front of the case with weather stripping.

Has anyone made some kind of dust filter to put over the heater core? I was thinking of making a washable one that would fit over the opening.

PICT0086.JPG

The only problem I see in your setup you will have to remove the plastic faceplate everytime you need to clean the filter and the plastic tabs will break, I have already broken one tab. I had a filter in mine, it slipped up into the slot that is found on the bottom of the front plastic bezel. I had only a 4.5 inch fan hole covered with a fan grille to keep the filter from getting sucked into the fan. The new Antec's have a filter that slides into this slot.

Thanks for the input. I will have to figure something out. Off to HomeDepot.

I got this black tulle from a fabric shop. The weave isn't too tight as to clog too quickly. It's stretched over a cardboard frame.

filter2.jpg

I just cut a large hole on my front panel:

filter1.jpg

Last edited:

I use an air conditioning filter, 2x3 sheet for 2.50. You can get it at Home Depot when your there.

fdoggiedog woof woof

Hey OverBrazil, from the looks of your last photo, you have needle nose pliers, a knife, a screw driver, a dremel tool, a 120mm fan, a funnel, and a shoe without a foot, all on the floor. Are you on time out and relaxing? LOL

Back