• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this harmful to my vid card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gta3 my favor!!

Well, i didn't know that the defualt maxfps in cs was 72 until I ran my new 8500le on it. I was surprised that it produced moderate results, I read some cs commands articles on the net and I was finally able to get 85-99 fps in cs, but my question here is that y does counter strike limit ur fps like that, and if they do it on some good reason, am i putting too much load on my card>>>>?????;) :D

Heck no, you're not putting too much load on your video card. Half-life is basically the original Quake engine. I've been able to run half life on an old 8 meg pci video card pretty nicely.

I don't know why they capped it.. maybe to make the net code more efficient?

I think they set that limit so that you could stablize your fps with the older systems... but for me... it will stay at 99 constant unless I turn Vsync on which drops it down to around 75

They have squeezed all they can outa that engine. I think its time they made counter-strike/ Half life 2 on the Unreal 2k3 engine.

Unless they already are, but I havent heard anything about HL2 besides that it will happen some day.

And where the heck is TF2??? Its been 3 years since I last heard anything about that.

IR1 said:
They have squeezed all they can outa that engine. I think its time they made counter-strike/ Half life 2 on the Unreal 2k3 engine.

Unless they already are, but I havent heard anything about HL2 besides that it will happen some day.

And where the heck is TF2??? Its been 3 years since I last heard anything about that.

theyre planning an HL? yay! and TF2 i think has become one of those legends like Duke Nukem Forever, you hear about it, but you know its never coming out lol

Sad really. TFC was amazing. I am really looking forward to tf2 someday. Last I heard they had scrapped the engine they were using to make their own. That was eons ago though. IMHO they could use the unreal2 engine and spend their effort on gameplay. Its one of the reasons that I thought tfc was successful.

THT is right after a certain FPS it really doesnt matter, you wont notice the difference, think about it 60 Frames per second...per second! It probably didnt do anything to your video card, if it wasnt lagging then your fine, it didnt show anything that its being overworked.

IR1 said:

I would say build it on the Doom 3 engine...MUCH better :)

gta3 my favor!! said:
I wouldn't want Cs be built on Doom3 engine just because of the fact that GForce FX is gonna be well over $600

Doom 3 will run fine on a 9500/9700. After all, it was showcased on a 9700 Pro :)

If your gettin 60 fps in CS that means your Vsync is on.Right CLick Desktop>Properties>settings>advanced>click open gl tab or the name of your graphics card tab, then turn vsync to always off. If you are getting 72 fps in counter-strike max type fps_max "100" in console while playing. That Simple.

no, i've already turned it off and my fps is maxed out to 100 , too.
The problem here is that my fps jumps up and down when i play with 8 or more players with pings over 200, it drops as low as 30-40 fps

Back