• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kickin' it up a bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Well, I finally got on the ball and tore apart my Linux box tonight and took the XP1800+ out of there to give it another shot in my KT7A after successfully flashing BIOS A9. I don't normally fold with the Linux box because the thing runs really really hot just idling because of the small case, so I figured I might as well get around to trying to get the faster processor to work in the box that can actually fold. Good to go.... so my production should see a little boost over the next few days. The TBird served me well though..... **sniff**

The dual PII rig should also be running soon, right Mr. B? ;) So hopefully I can crack the 300 points/week mark between these two upgrades.

With the dual PII running that would bring my MHz totals to 4.17 GHz AMD and 1.7 GHz Intel. :D

I'm slowly working on my second gig. This P4 just doesn't like folding. I'll be building a third comp slowly, I'm working on the mobo right now, should have it by january. Already got the case. I'm gonna build a yatta too. Perhaps I can boost my points.
Doc

I'm thinking I might add my mom's 1 GHz Duron into the mix too. I'm going to read up a little on the googlehack and see if I can accomplish that when I go over there for dinner tomorrow.

Well, posting from mom's googlehacked PC... :)

I figure since I paid for this thing and built it for her (and continue to maintain it...)

Unfortunately I'm not going to let on what the google toolbar -actually- does, and they don't normally run it 24/7 so it won't consistently add points to my totals but should chime in every nw and then.

sb

Back