• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Shaped CDRs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most of those funky shaped CDs are not supported by CD drives.

Most say in the paperwork that if you use anything other than standard, ROUND cds, you void your warrenty.

Beast Of Blight said:
Most of those funky shaped CDs are not supported by CD drives.

Most say in the paperwork that if you use anything other than standard, ROUND cds, you void your warrenty.

i've used ovalish shaped mini-cd's that came in a cereal box before and it never killed anything :confused:

*spazzed* said:

i've used ovalish shaped mini-cd's that came in a cereal box before and it never killed anything :confused:

I never said they didn't work, or broke anything.

I'm just saying that most are not supported by Optical Drive manufacturors. And most have the catch of if you put them in your drive and they break the drive then its not covered by warrenty and voids it.

merthos said:
I wonder if the more unbalanced shapes would cause vibration?

I was thinking the same thing. The more oval type shapes that you may find in cereal boxes etc., are still pretty balanced therfore they still spin pretty well and smooth, but when you take a look at the house shape for instance, it looks as though it would cause a bit of vibration.

Just my 2 cents

That would be cool to give as a gift. Do you guys know if there are any comparability problems with burning softwares?

EDIT*
Reading through their site, I dont think they sell blank cdrs. Only with custom business content, I think.

I emailed the first one, asking for some samples, hopefully I can get it blank. I also sent in for the free demo pack, asking if they can send the demo CD as a blank one. We'll see...

The business card ones are common. You can even get them at Best Buy now. But the special shapes really caught my eye...

Hmm...yeah, me too.

I just can't find custom shaped CD-Rs (writeable, not pre-written!)

I'd pay for those :)

Hmm, the company is in Taiwan. Also they cut per order meaning it'll probably cost an arm and leg. Well it still is a cool idea and when it becomes popular outside of the business world, we'll probably see them more often.

Back