• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 2k blue screen of death :{

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slogan

umm yea, well yesterday after i got hom efrom chi-chi's i had the dreaded blue screen of death on win2k... well, i restarted, and restarded, and shut down and tried EVERYTHING.. the same msg, the bios is not acpi sufficient yadda yadda, turn off caching and shadowing yadda... well i did all that and everything, the furthest i got was to the win2k loading screen and then it just froze.. ONE time it did start up only to restart almost instantly.. im thinkin its mobo but plz help if u have any idea.. kthx

Why not try using the OS repair on the w2k CD? Althought, it could be a meory or PSU problen, can you post the entire error message? Flashing the BIOS?

Anything overheating? Check cpu then check hard drives (mine got scrambled in the overwhelming heat and I got a million variations of winxp BSOD- but I think that only happened because mine were in raid0)

yea i flashed the bios but still nuthin... and nuthing overheated im positive... i have two thermaltakes, the hatsink, HD cooler and another fan :\ uhh ill try gettin teh entire message posted

Back