• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333-X issue (bios / win search)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D2DM

Anyone with similar experiences?
Ideas/Solutions? tia. :)

I've build my uncle an A7V333-X based system with:
XP1800 (1.75V default),
Asus 9180VS (GF4MX),
256MB pc2700,
SBLive,
80GB WD (800BB),
dvd,
cd rw,
300Watt psu,
xp home edition.

Bios date is from begin september (12th I think) 2002.

Default speeds.
Disabled on board NIC and AC97 onboard sound in windows hardware screen

The issues:
Situation after a CMOS reset..
Everything is fine and I can change the fsb fine. Checked with cpu-z and it's ok up to 1650mhz.
Save to bios ok, restart and runs ok.
L2 cache remains enabled.
But..
If I change something else in the bios it doesn't seem to be saved.. after that the L2 cache is always disabled (I think quick systemcheck is disabled to -> slow ram counter).
After fixing that at the next reboot the system stops after the systemdevices check, and locks at a blinking cursor topleft just before winXP is supposed to start. Chosing "last working winXP" or "Boot normal" gives same result -> blinking cursor.

The way I remedy this is reset cmos. It then boots into bios and after selecting 11.5x133 (other options being: 11.5x100 and 11.5x166) winXP boots normally again.

The other problem is that the windows search function causes the mouse cursor responsiveness to take a huge dive. Sluggish system. With other functions, programs, etc. it's fast.

Back