• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is kinda cool....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BomberBear

Ok here's how it goes... My ISDN (128k over digital connection with 2 lines) isn't working right now due to the crappy ISP so I switched over to 56k.. I put my 56k modem in and just now I installed the correct drivers for it after using it for a full day. Well I didn't feel like restarting so when I went to connect again, the 56k modem wasn't set up and it picked up the ISDN modem and connected. I went, this is cool now I can throw away that noisy slow connecting 56k modem (It connected in about 5 seconds just like ISDN). So just for kicks I went and checked what I was connected at on cnet. It said 50k.
So I continued to browse and noticed both lines were being used on my idsn modem (it does this when 70%+ bandwidth is being used) and thought hmm. I checked the bandwidth meter again and it showed up at 100k! I immediatly jumped off knowing they will drop my account for using 2 56k connections at once. I had forgot to turn auto (2 channel) off on the modem....
If they don't disconnect the account I may have just found myself a cheaper than $34 ISP at $4.95.
I just found this quite intresting and I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules on the forum (but I know I'm close). If anyone got what I meant throughout that paragraph I commend you... hehe :D
Edit: for clarity and spelling

Heh, you can get 2 diff acounts and use 2 phone lines, isdn is pretty much the same deal, of course you would be payiing $10 instead of 35. Some dialup isps permit more than one connect on the login, you would have to find that out the hard way, howerver :(

Well thats interesting. Probably your ISP wouldn't like something like that (assuming they try to detect something like that).

Back