• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den vs Innovatek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HappyAmdOwner said:
Sorry.. right now.. i can't e-mail them..
and i'm really anxious on knowing al the details..
like. the quadra VI.. does it come with what pump.. and can the pump be upgraded??
if so.. what pump works the best with the Little River "Rapids Water Block "?

does the quadra VI come with the switches also? that shows int eh pic.. and does it look exactly like hte pic they have?

thx..

It doesn't come with a pump. Maybe Cathar's selling pumps too, but you can buy it without.

You can find out the details by following the link on his page to the OCAU forum thread where the design is talked about. Be warned, it's an enormously long thread though.

I don't know what you are referring to when you talk about, "quadra VI and switches".

If you can't email Cathar right now, just PM him as I.M.O.G. said.

You will have to create an account to see the link.

Hmmm. And if you don't have email, you can't create and account.

Not sure what to tell you. Have you PM'd Cathar yet?

yup. ok.
i pmed cathar
and also sent an e-mail to
[email protected]

oh.. and..
has anyone tried this setup?
like. the waterblock of cathar.. and also the quad 4?
with what pump will it work better?

Eheim 1048 or 1250 of Hydor L30 or L20?
or the VIA Aqua Pump ??
if via aqua pump.. which level?

thanks for everything :):):):D

Since87 said:

Actually, only BillA may know what the P/Q curve for the White Water block looks like at this point. I think you are taking something else I wrote elsewhere out of context.

This block works better than a Maze3 even with an extremely low flowrate. It kicks butt with an Eheim 1048.

My apologies.

I still believe, however, that you will benefit with a pump that provides as high a head as you can afford to help maintain good flowrate through your system.

BTW, what is the quadra ??? you are referring to? Got links?

Wangster said:
Keep in mind that Cathar's block demands a LOT of head. (~3 meters to get 166gph through it by itself).

166gph is ~11lpm.

I see 5.0lpm at 1.1m head through an entire cooling system.
To achieve 11lpm/166gph through a full system would require close to 5.5m of head.

That's a heck of a lot of flow though, especially as I measured very little performance difference between 5.0lpm and 10.0lpm (< 0.5C for a very hot CPU)

It's true, the WW does demand more head height than other blocks, but by the same token, it also requires far less flow than many other blocks to still do its job well.

I pretty much designed the WW to work well with an Eheim 1048 or better. It would even work very well with an Eheim 1046 if you wanted to use that pump. At 15gph the WW is still working better than a Maze 3 at 120gph.

Thanks for clearing that up for us Cathar.

I can't wait till Doom 3 comes out to make my final hardware purchases and to get one of your WBs.

Any new products coming up?

HappyAmdOwner said:
http://www.teamster469.com/quadra1.htm

there it shows it.. it looks good for me... but..
dont 'know price.. or what pump to use.

I could have sworn there was a new website from johnny pulsar called jp industries or something like that where he was selling the items that you've pointed out.

Maybe someone could refresh my memory?

wondering how much the ORIGINAL quadra cost..
and if it's availabl.e
if it's not.. wondering how much the quadra v2 will cost and when it will come. thx

I"m sorry to say..
the prices are way 2 high for me.. i'm sorry..
but plz. i need some comments about this setup.

dd maze 3 lucite top 1/2 fittings
Hydor L30
black ice extreme
10 feet of clear tubing.. forgot name
dd resoivor..
and clamps..and other accessories..

so..
is this ok??
this is my first w/c attemp

Back