• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My LCD - Finished + pix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you all for the warm words.

The LCD i used is a 4x20 backlighted costs 25$ ~.

Me and a friend made all tha conections needed.

"don't you mean Status instead of States" -.... BIG oops :\ LOL

my friend told me how to write and i didnt think at the time, we were just starting to config it.

Ok I think it's from the same people i got mine from so correct me if im wrong!

It takes it's power from a USB port !!! God knows why as the serial gives the same power supple. It's input is from the serial port and the more serials you have the more of this you can have running at work we have one with 3 in it giving information about the servers in the room. Any way the software that comes with the LCD and Controler allows you to do the following:

1/. Start up & Close down message (user defined)
2/.CPU Information ie Type and HMz Average,Normal, Raw
3/. CPU Load, Memory Load (Usage) Swap Files % used
4/. Mother Board Monitor ( displays everything MBM 5 Does) User programmable
5/. Winamp ( Only usable with Winamp2, Although Ross at L.V Systems says they are working on a compatible version with WA3) Shows Graphics and current track and so on
6/. All O/S Data from User thats logged on too HDD info checks and space available, IP address, Sound card and other hardware checks Software Versions and so on
7/. Mail checking service ( Will check to see if you have any mail on-line without a mail prog open such as outlook or O/L express ( will check upto 5 mail addresses ( can be reprogrammed to check more)
8/. User defined ie will do all of the above with multiple options to fine tune feed back

This is just the one that came with the controler but there are other freeware soft out there that you can programe yourself which are very similar in style to that of sumarize

hope this helps

I'm not gonna mount it on the case, it has its own stand (duh).

I used jaLCDs freeware - great one -, all the data transfer takes place through the LPT port and one connection to one of the PSU molex for +5V.

if you need anything else just ask.

the schematics :

image014.jpg

Back