• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABout pump wiring....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
Okay. I have experience in wiring relays inline with pumps to make them start with the computer.

My question:

If I wire a switch across the contacts (not the coil of course) of the relay will I:

1: create an OR gate so that I can either start the pump with the computer off OR the computer could start the pump.

2: Create a fire hazard???

It seems like this would be okay, but I just have a bad feeling so I just wanted to run it by more people.

I've seen people do it like that with no problems. I'm not gonna use a relay on mine, I'm gonna wire it to the switch on the PSU. If the switch is on, the pump is on, regardless of the puter being on or not. I'll prolly use a plug connecting it to the PSU although this will add a weak link in the fail-safeness of it, as I could forget to plug it in. But to me it will be worth it to be ble to disconnect it easily if needed.

peace.
unloaded

Personaly~ I vote for #2 :)
BUT for YOUR saftey, i would go with what unloaded said, i use the same idea because I DONT wanna risk frying my pc :p

Hmm... We have a vote for each.

Anyone else? Did I word it clearly enough?

Back