• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd duron 1ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok: how would i overclock it? would i see any diference? and would you recomend it?

my comp:
amd duron 1ghz
640 megs of pc 133 ram
boistar board w/ onboard sound
nvidia Geforce 2 mx 400 64 meg viedo card
cd writer
dvd player

Ahh the biostar :D I used to have one of those. They don't have very many overclocking options and they certainly don't have any voltage/multiplier options. All you can do for it is raise the FSB. You can do this either by raising it in the BIOS under the "Frequencies and Voltages" section OR you could get a program called SoftFSB that does it without having to go into your BIOS. Believe it or not, the biostar boards actually OC well if you use a program to bump up the FSB :p

i have a duron 1.0 ghz myself

but you would defintealy see a difference once you get it up at least 200 mhz up

i had mine at 1.2 for a while at stock

but now i'm running it at 1.3ghz at 1.8v on my shuttle ak31v3.1

its fine for all my needs.....

funko said:
i have a duron 1.0 ghz myself

but you would defintealy see a difference once you get it up at least 200 mhz up

i had mine at 1.2 for a while at stock

but now i'm running it at 1.3ghz at 1.8v on my shuttle ak31v3.1

its fine for all my needs.....

ok how do i go about gettin it upto 1.2?

Well, you might be able to overclock with the bios, depending on which motherboard you have. Look in the bios to increase the fsb there. Stock is 133, so anything above that is an overclock.

I would also refer you to the beginner's guides on the front page:
http://www.overclockers.com/

Drufus22 said:
Isn't the stock fsb speed for a duron 100 mhz?

yes i just changes it form 100 to 133....i got a extra 70 mhz grom that.... so now its a amd 1070, but i did all this on the board with jumpers.... is there a better way to do it?

the computer I built for my parents, Duron 1GHz overclocked to 1.2 GHz (9x133) rather than 10*100, the pencil trick is sweet. I forget what the voltage was though.

rcillig said:

yes i just changes it form 100 to 133....i got a extra 70 mhz grom that.... so now its a amd 1070, but i did all this on the board with jumpers.... is there a better way to do it?

Actually, if you did get it up to 133, that would be a very good overclock. The multiplier on that cpu is 10, and stock it runs at 10 times 100, (10 x 100 = 1000, or 1Ghz). The extra 33 times 10 would give you an extra 330Mhz, (10 x 133 = 1330, or 1.33Ghz).

I really don't know if that can be done easily, however. Again, it really depends on the features of the mobo, of which I am not familiar.

well i OCed it by using the jumpers on the board, and when i sart up it says i got a 1070 ghz.... i placed them on the board where is said to, so it would change from 100 to 133.....got any advice on anything else i could do, but i must say its seems to be runnin real good..... wouldnt think i would get this from just 70mhz.... would i? thanx

rcillig said:
well i OCed it by using the jumpers on the board, and when i sart up it says i got a 1070 ghz.... i placed them on the board where is said to, so it would change from 100 to 133.....got any advice on anything else i could do, but i must say its seems to be runnin real good..... wouldnt think i would get this from just 70mhz.... would i? thanx

1070 is consistent with running at 107fsb. When I get a chance, later this morning, I will see if I can find some info on your mobo, and have a look.

*EDIT* Ok, I would note first of all that there are two separate jumpers, JCLK1 and JCLK2 that control the cpu speed. JCLK 1 is a series of 4 jumpers, and JCLK2 is just one. You may have just changed enough to get 1070. That is speculation.

Otherwise, look at page 2-31 of your manual. It appears that you can make some changes to the cpu speed in the BIOS.

Last edited:
flounder43 said:

1070 is consistent with running at 107fsb. When I get a chance, later this morning, I will see if I can find some info on your mobo, and have a look.

*EDIT* Ok, I would note first of all that there are two separate jumpers, JCLK1 and JCLK2 that control the cpu speed. JCLK 1 is a series of 4 jumpers, and JCLK2 is just one. You may have just changed enough to get 1070. That is speculation.

Otherwise, look at page 2-31 of your manual. It appears that you can make some changes to the cpu speed in the BIOS.

yes i did jumper the board with the 2 set combination, the single one sets it from 100 to 133..... the four set also has do with that and acording to the papers with my board i got it jumpered right, but i could be wrong...... ill ckeck agian, as far as the bios i can only go to like 1040 cuz anything over that the computer wont boot up.... why is that? and could that be its not gettin enough voltage? someone told me that but they wernt sure about it....
but if i use the board i cant oc it via bias also can i? thanx

rcillig said:

yes i did jumper the board with the 2 set combination, the single one sets it from 100 to 133..... the four set also has do with that and acording to the papers with my board i got it jumpered right, but i could be wrong...... ill ckeck agian, as far as the bios i can only go to like 1040 cuz anything over that the computer wont boot up.... why is that? and could that be its not gettin enough voltage? someone told me that but they wernt sure about it....
but if i use the board i cant oc it via bias also can i? thanx

Well, that may be all that you can overclock. I am pretty sure changing the voltages is not an option with that motherboard.

There is a way to increase the voltage on the cpu by connecting certain bridges on the cpu. Check out AMD FAQ at the top of the AMD section.

Back