• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rust in Heater Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite

It seems i have some rust in my heat core. I stuck a couple Q-Tips down it and brought them back up wiht a lot of residue. I flushed it out with a lot of really hot water and its still in there. I let some water sit in their for bout 10 min then poured it out and there was no discoloration in the water, it still looked like pure h20. Should i worry about this? and is there any good ideas you guys have to clean this out?

Also run some radiator cleaner throught it to get it clean before you put it back together.

you need to run something through it, and afterwords, use a little water wetter, and or a little bit of anti-freeze, just a little bit wont hurt you cooling a noticable amount, but will stop/slow down the corosion that is rusting out your rad. hope this helps

letting water sit in it wont help much, but if you shake water around in it that should help. I put mineral spirits in mine and shake it around for a few minutes, then i hook it up to the garden hose and flush it for a few minutes.

Back