• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC3dmark Video Card Buying Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DarkOneX said:
Leadtek WinFast A310 FX 5600 Ultra 128MB. This card 0wnz and beats my scores in everything when I had a GF4 Ti4600. So I'd say there is some BS in that list. Check out my 3dmarks @ http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6561481

I did read some reviews and you are right, the FX5600 Ultra is not slower than the 4200. However it has been pointed out many times that your score with you 4600 was too low for your system and that something was wrong with it. I will fix that info next update.

Thanks for doing so. But I will say there was absolutely nothing wrong with my system. 13-14k is average for GeForce 4's on futuremarks' site. Go do a search and you'll see. 15k+ is for FX 5800's, Radeon 9700's, and Radeon 9800's. I looked all through their database to see this.

updated. check it out. please post any comments and suggestions in this thread.

How come in the 9600 pro ($143) details you suggest the 9500 pro for just $12 dollars more? That would make the 9500 pro price $155.

Now I know BB had them for clearance for about this price, but they are all gone and I don't think you can get them for that anywhere now.

Well thank you for pointing that out. This was according to prices last time. Ill fix that. :)

just update prices yesterday. Please post any comments, suggestions, or questions. sorry about the long pause in updates, but not much has been happening :/.

This seems to be more geared to gaming, but judging from the fact that you have the parhelia as second choise under image quality, you are thinking a bit of workstations too.

I think the matrox g550 can be a great card for a non-gaming computer. I just changed my g400 to an ati 9700 and the 2d image quality is clearly inferior in the ati. (though it's still decent) The g550's are going pretty cheaply now that the p650 and p750 are coming to the market.

I added the 9800non pro and the 5900 non ultra to the list changed some opinions. As usual any suggestions and comments are welcome.

dropadrop the guide is aimed at gamers. The Parhelia is there because it's image quality is impeccable and performance is still viable in games and performance is great with FSAA on. The older Matrox's like the G550 and 450 are not really useable in modern games.

Hey, I haven't backed out on you guys. I'm working on a massive update. I have the prices and descriptions updated for all the cards you can currently see on the list.

Now I'm trying to go through and see where the XT's and SE of the world fit into this picture. Should be up in a couple of days, and updated prices will be up as soon as I can get the server access again.

Thanks. Peace

Back