• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC3dmark Video Card Buying Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funnyperson1

http://oc3dmark.octeams.com/cardguide.html

I just updated the buying guide today with relevant prices :), i added the Radeon VE because i wanted to tell people not to buy it lol, i will add SiS Xabre soon as well, just need to get some more reviews under the belt, the old thread was getting a bit full, so i posted a new one (mods could you please delete the old Video card guide thread)

Wow this is cool. I really like how easy it is to read it and see what's good and what's not.
Only thing I didnt see (and maybe im just blind) was the Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with 128 megs. I seen the 64 meg card, just not the 128 meg one. Are the differances so small that it dosent need to be mentioned?

the difference isnt that big, but it probably should be mentioned, I had decided that it wasnt as big of a priority as it still wouldnt be faster than the 4400, i will add it eventuall though;)

added SiS Xabre 400, i would add the 600 but i cant see it for sale on pricewatch, if any of you find one please notify me of the price and ill post it

lol....well teach them how to turn it on, then teach them how to run 3dmark :)

its ok overall, but the performance/quality ratio is bloated. no way a r9700pro and gf4 4600 have the same level, all gf4s should be droped one level

ive thought about that several times, because the performance is no way close between 4600 and 9700, but their image quality isnt that far off....i may change it in the future though...ill need to think about it more, because as it is right now, i point out the cards which have better image quality in the price range.....i might change it to best IQ with no bearing to performance and have only one for each price level

hey Phob, i listened to your suggestion and modified it, unfortunately, im at school and cant upload it right now, but just so you know inside each price range for the image quality/ performance i have ranked a number one and number two card to show which has a better ratio inside the price range :)

hey phob, tell me what you think of the new image quality/performance chart

ok, ive been away awhile and just got back, i just updated the guide because in the 2 weeks i was away R350 and NV31/34 got introduced, im tired and just got off the plane a couple hours ago, so please point out anything that needs to be changed as i wont notice it :eek: ....

Back